After installing or updating KOFF (Kerio Outlook Connector Offline Edition), you may notice the Outlook search feature stops working and you receive the notification "Search index is offline":
This is likely caused by an antivirus false-positive, preventing KOFF from installing/updating/running correctly. We are continuously working with antivirus vendors to prevent this from happening but if it does occur, the steps below should help resolving the issue.
- Administrator access to the affected client workstation
- Administrator access to the affected device's antivirus software.
- Recommended: latest version of Kerio Connect and KOFF.
Follow the below solutions in the order they are listed, making sure to check if Outlook search is working before moving to the next one.
Add Kerio Connect to the antivirus exclusions
- Uninstall KOFF and restart the device
- Add the antivirus exclusions as mentioned in Antivirus Exclusions for Kerio Connect
- Download the latest version of KOFF
- Add to the antivirus exclusions the folder from which you will run the downloaded KOFF installation file (this can be undone once the installation is finished)
- Install KOFF by running the downloaded file
Perform a complete KOFF reinstall
- Temporarily disable the antivirus
- Perform a complete reinstall of KOFF
- Enable the antivirus
- Restart the device
Gather logs and submit a support ticket
If neither of the above suggestions works, further analysis will be necessary. Please proceed with gathering:
- KOFF installation logs
- KOFF debug logs
searchd.log file located in the KOFF install folder (
C:\Program Files\Kerio\Outlook Connector (Offline Edition)\manticore\storeor
C:\Program Files (x86)\Kerio\Outlook Connector (Offline Edition)\manticore\store)
- A screenshot from the Windows Services, showing the status of the KOFFIndexingService
Once the above is gathered, proceed with Reaching Support and Opening a New GFI Support Ticket.
Resolving the "Search index is offline" error involves adjusting antivirus settings to exclude KOFF, performing a clean reinstall of KOFF, and contacting support with detailed logs if the issue remains unresolved.
What causes the "Search index is offline" error in Outlook with KOFF?
The error is typically caused by antivirus software mistakenly flagging KOFF as a threat.
How can I prevent antivirus software from interfering with KOFF?
Add Kerio Connect and KOFF to your antivirus exclusions list.
What should I do if the error persists after following the recommended solutions?
Collect the necessary logs and contact support for further assistance.