After installing or updating KOFF (Kerio Outlook Connector Offline Edition), you may notice the Outlook search feature stops working and you receive the notification "Search index is offline":
This is likely caused by an antivirus false-positive, preventing KOFF from installing/updating/running correctly. We are continuously working with antivirus vendors to prevent this from happening but if it does occur, the steps below will resolve it.
- Administrator access to the affected device
- Administrator access to the affected device's antivirus software
- Recommended: latest version of Kerio Connect and KOFF
Follow the below solutions in the order they are listed, making sure to check if Outlook search is working before moving to the next one.
Add Kerio Connect to the antivirus exclusions
- Uninstall KOFF and restart the device
- Add the antivirus exclusions as mentioned in Antivirus Exclusions for Kerio Connect
- Download the latest version of KOFF
- Add to the antivirus exclusions the folder from which you will run the downloaded KOFF installation file (this can be undone once the installation is finished)
- Install KOFF by running the downloaded file
Perform a complete KOFF reinstall
- Temporarily disable the antivirus
- Perform a complete reinstall of KOFF
- Enable the antivirus
- Restart the device
Gather logs and submit a support ticket
Outlook search works as expected.