If you are experiencing an issue with the Kerio Anti-spam plugin on your server, where it fails to initialize and displays an error message
Kerio Anti-spam failed to get license information with result 0xc0000010 (BDANTISPAM_ERROR_CLOUD_NO_RESPONSE), this guide is for you.
There are several steps and considerations to take into account in order to resolve the issue with the Kerio Anti-spam plugin failing to initialize:
- Make sure that the Antivirus Exclusions for Kerio Connect are in place
- Login to Kerio Connect Administration -> Configuration -> Advanced Options -> HTTP Proxy tab -> make sure the proxy configuration is disabled.
- Check the HTTPS connection (port 443) between your Kerio Connect server and Kerio updates servers. You should see the following.
Important: if the connection is blocked, the webpages will return Connection Timeout responses or similar.
Note: if you have Kerio Control as the firewall, for more information please refer to configure the firewall to allow Kerio Connect services.
If all of the above checks out and the issue persists, you will need to:
- Stop Kerio Connect.
- Go to the Installation folder:
- On Windows:
- On Linux:
- On Mac:
- On Windows:
- Once in the Installation folder, go to the
- Take a backup of the
antispamfolder, then delete its contents
- This folder contains the Anti-spam definitions which could be corrupt and causing this behavior
- Do NOT remove the entire keriobda folder, as this will require a repair of the Kerio Connect installation.
- Start Kerio Connect and wait for a few minutes to allow the plugin to initialize and pull the updates from the cloud
By deleting the corrupt Antispam definitions from the keriobda folder and restarting the Kerio service, you should be able to resolve the initialization failure of the Kerio Anti-spam plugin. Remember to wait for about 15 minutes after restarting the service for the plugin to start working.
What if the Kerio Anti-spam plugin still doesn't work after following these steps?
If the problem persists, it's recommended to contact Kerio support for further assistance.
Will deleting the Antispam folder content affect other functionalities?
No, deleting the contents of this folder should not affect other functionalities. They will be recreated when the service restarts.
Why do I need to wait for a few minutes after restarting the service?
The wait allows the Kerio Anti-spam plugin to initialize and start working properly.