When the Kerio Connect license expires, the functionality of the product is limited, making it less effective as an email server. The product and definition updates for Antivirus and Anti-Spam stop working, which increases the risk of your system being exposed to the latest threats. Also, the ActiveSync will stop functioning, which may cause email clients' inaccessibility issues for users.
The subscription is highly recommended to be purchased/renewed to maintain all critical functions.
Note: Starting from May 1, 2023, our licenses do not contain a Grace Period. Once the license expires, all product functionality will be suspended. The information below is kept for documentation purposes.
During the grace period (30 days), Kerio Connect allows users to use the web and desktop client interfaces with reduced functionality. When the grace period elapses, Kerio Connect clients are blocked until the subscription is renewed. The following functions and operations are terminated when the subscription of Kerio Connect reaches the grace period:
Note: If you encounter issues with your Grace Period being incorrectly handled, such as blocking access to the Webmail or Webadmin before your 30 days has elapsed, please contact the Sales team directly at email@example.com, and include the following details:
Description of the request
If during the grace period, you cannot send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org because you are unable to access Kerio Webmail, you may send it from any email (doesn't have to be the registered domain) including the license key information in your request.
Kerio Connect licenses are sold exclusively through authorized GFI partners. If you wish to upgrade, extend, add-on, or renew your license, please reach out to your preferred reseller or go to Ordering GFI Solutions.
Note: if the reseller/distributor is unavailable, then proceed to Contact GFI Sales.
The following steps detail the license purchase and update process:
- The customer purchases a new license, upgrade, add-on, or extension from their GFI Sales Partner.
- The order is lodged with GFI Sales, who process the order through to GFI Accounts.
- The updated license information is loaded into the Kerio customer account record system.
- The reseller/distributor emails the new license key to the customer.
- The updated license key file is automatically downloaded to the customer's on-premise server.
- If the license is still not updated in the GUI after 24 hours, please follow the steps for Kerio License Key Is Not Showing the Correct Information
Note: The time it takes from when you purchase your license to when it is automatically updated on your server can be delayed by several factors outside the control of GFI.