Kerio Outlook Connector Offline Edition uses *.FDB files to store its data. These database files are stored in the users' home folder and are dependent on the Microsoft Outlook profile name. To import the database file into the new Outlook profile, the database needs to be updated accordingly to work in a new profile.
You can access the local FDB files from the old user profiles. The DBadopter, so-called AdoptDB utility, is used for data restore scenario.
- Preconfigured KOFF profile.
- Outlook 2010 installed.
The process does not rely on a server connection, as it's done entirely offline and is independent of a server connection.
- Create a new Outlook profile with the name
- Create a KOFF account in the recover profile as per the instructions in Prerequisites > Preconfigured KOFF profile.
- Log into the recover profile and close Outlook.
- Stop the Kerio Connect service.
- Delete the contents of this folder
Note: the FDB file is not encrypted, however, it is not a flat text-file so is not browsable through ordinary means.
- Copy all the files for the old profile into the
- Unzip the attached dbadopter.zip archive to the root of the
- dbadopter_8_3.zip is for Outlook 32-bit versions.
- dbadopter_8_3_x64.zip is for Outlook 64-bit versions.
- Open the Command Prompt (Start > Run > type
cmd) and navigate to the
- Run the command:
AdoptDb.exe /p recover.
Launch Outlook and open the recover profile. If needed, you can export the files to a PST file.
The old local KOFF data is now recovered into a new Outlook profile.
Importing KOFF Database into New Outlook Profile
Back to top