Public Folders are folders available to all users in a domain or the whole server.
You can create public folders of the following types in Kerio Connect or Microsoft Outlook:
At times, customers might experience issues with duplicated contacts in Public Folders.
This article provides step-by-step instructions on how to remove the duplicated contacts in Public Folders.
Access to Kerio Connect Webadmin and server.
Stop the Kerio Connect service.
- Navigate to the Kerio Store folder. Following are the default locations:
- Mac OS:
- Navigate to the Public Contacts folder. Depending on the Public Folders type, it might be one of the following:
- Back up index.fld, metadata.dbb, metadata.dbo and the #msgs folders.
- Rename index.fld to
index.badand remove the other mentioned files and folder.
- Navigate to the #public folder and back up the .journal.db file and remove it.
Start the Kerio Connect service.
- Log in to Kerio Connect Webadmin and re-index Public Folders.
- Log in to Webmail and check the Contacts section to check the duplicate contacts.
The Contacts section will not show the duplicated contacts now indicating the steps were successful.