This article describes the process to follow in order to limit the size of the outgoing messages in Kerio Connect. To avoid overloading your server with large email attachments, you can limit the size of outgoing messages for the particular domain, individual users, and Kerio Connect Client (HTTP POST size).
Note: If both the domain and the individual users are configured, the individual user settings are applied. You can also use server filters.
Limiting the Size per Domain
- In the Administration interface, navigate to the Configuration > Domains section.
- Double-click the domain and switch to the Messages tab.
- Select the Limit outgoing message size to option.
- Specify the maximum size of the outgoing messages for this domain.
- Click on OK.
Limiting the Size per User
By default, new users inherit settings from their domain. To change the settings for individual users:
- In the Administration interface, navigate to Accounts > Users.
- Double-click the user for whom you want to limit the message size.
- On the Messages tab in the Maximum message size section, select the Limit outgoing message size to option.
- Specify the limit for outgoing messages for the user.
Note: Select Do not limit message size to disable any limits.
- Click on OK.
Limiting the Size from Kerio Connect Client
Each new message composed in Kerio Connect Client is sent to Kerio Connect via HTTP POST requests. Each request contains the message body, all headers, and attachments. You can limit the size of the HTTP POST request (this also limits the message size).
- In the Administration interface, navigate to Configuration > Advanced Options and select the Kerio Connect Client tab.
- Specify the maximum size of outgoing messages.
- Click on Apply.
- Restart Kerio Connect from Status -> System Healths -> Tasks.
You have configured the required outgoing messages size limitation for a specific scope as needed. The size limit will apply to the new messages sent from the client.