To secure local user passwords, you can enable password expiration in Kerio Connect.
- In the administration interface, go to the Configuration > Domains section.
- Select a Domain and click Edit
- On the Security tab, enable the User must change password every option.
- Set the number of days after which users must change their password.
- Click OK.
Once this is set, users must be prompted to reset their password every x number of days, where x is the number of days set.
Any change to these settings (checking/unchecking the option) resets the counter for password expiry.
Notifications about the expiration
- Kerio Connect sends notifications to users before their password expires. Kerio Connect sends the notifications 21, 14 and 7 days before expiration and then every day until the password expires.
- The users must change their password in Kerio Connect Client.
- If the users fail to change their password, they would not be able to log in to their account and they must contact their administrator (who changes the password for them in their user settings).
- If an administrator password expires, the administrator can log in to the administration interface to change their password.