In Kerio Connect, users can search their items using the Full Text Search feature. This article describes the process to follow in order to configure this feature.
The index file size is based on the number and size of the mailboxes, so it is essential to have sufficient space on the disk before enabling this feature. For example, if there are many users with large mailboxes, the index file may occupy several gigabytes in total.
Note: The Full Text Search feature can affect the performance of the server.
Follow the instructions provided below to enable the Full Text Search and Rebuild Indexes:
- In the Administration interface, navigate to Configuration > Advanced Options > Store Directory.
- Check the Enable Full Text Search option.
- Specify a folder for storing the Full Text Search index.
Note: Do not use a UNC (Universal Naming Convention) path.
- Click on Apply.
- To create a new index, click on Rebuild Index.
- Select one among the following three options to rebuild the Index for:
- All mailboxes on the server.
- Single Domain.
- Single User.
- Click on Start.
The Index status shows the message 'Up-to-date' when the indexing is ready.