Kerio Connect service crashes and restarts on its own every minute. The macOS users connected via Exchange (EWS) experience intermittent and slow account performance issues.
- Kerio Connect installed on Linux OS (Debian, Ubuntu, CentOS)
- Mac connected over Exchange WebServices protocol (EWS) using Outlook or native Apple Mail/Calendar applications
A user on a Mac connected over Exchange Active Sync creates new schedules on the Apple Calendar, and one of the schedules crashes the service. The calendar appointment may contain URL that becomes duplicated.
The problem might generate the below error line in the dmesg log at the moment of the crash:
mailserver: segfault at 0 ip 000000000188f5ce sp 00007f1824a977c0 error 4 in mailserver[400000+3012000]
- Open macOS Settings -> Internet Accounts.
- Select the Exchange account -> click minus sign (-) to remove the account.
- Confirm the deletion by clicking OK.
Monitor the Kerio Connect service after deleting the exchange account. The service should not crash.