Kerio Connect administrators can configure the Exchange Web Services (EWS) type of Internet Accounts on Mac OS X 10.9 workstation machines and later.
The support for EWS Accounts includes Apple Mail & Notes, Calendar & Reminders, and Contacts.
Administrators can also use the Kerio Connect Account Assistant to configure these applications using alternative account types that offer additional functionality.
Note: in order to authenticate using Exchange you need to have valid Kerio Connect username/password credentials.
Enable automatic discovery and configure your DNS to support the auto-discovery feature. so that users can use only their username and password to create an account. For more information on this topic, refer to Autodiscover in Kerio Connect.
Under System Preferences, choose Internet Accounts.
In the right window pane, choose Exchange.
Enter your email address and password.
Verify the information is correct and click Continue.
- Choose the applications you want to configure and click Done.
- Under System Preferences -> Internet Accounts -> Exchange account, once you specify the email address, click Configure Manually.
- Enter your password and click Sign In.
- If Autodiscover is not configured correctly, you will be getting "Unable to verify account name or password". In this case, specify the Internal and External URLs in a format
Note: if DNS and FQDN are not set up, you may use the direct IP address (public) of your Kerio Connect server.
- If the SSL certificate is not signed by the Certification Authority (CA), you will need to manually confirm the server identity. Click Show Certificate.
- Make sure Always Trust is set for all the fields. Click Continue.
- Enter your macOS password and click Update Settings.
- Select the applications for Kerio Connect account usage, e.g. Apple Mail, Contacts, Calendars, Reminders, or Notes. Click Done.
The Kerio Connect Exchange account is correctly displayed in the Internet Accounts list.
Open the corresponding Apple app (i.e. Apple Mail) to trigger the synchronization of Kerio Connect items.
Exchange accounts have the following limitations:
- Public and shared folders are not synchronized in Mail. You can use IMAP or Kerio Connect Client.
- Public and shared calendars (without Delegation) are not synchronized in Calendar. You can use CalDAV or Kerio Connect Client.
- Public and shared contacts are not synchronized in Contacts. The Global Address List can be queried, and you can use CardDAV or Kerio Connect Client.
- You cannot move or create folders within specially designated folders (e.g. Inbox, Drafts, Sent, Trash, Junk)
- Only one reminder can be synchronized with an event.
Note: these limitations do not apply for Mac Outlook (EWS profile).
- The EWS account cannot be configured on Windows OS.
Setup IMAP account in Apple Mail