During the Kerio Outlook Connector (KOFF) installation, the error message about DbserverPS.dll and RtfWrapperPS.dll failures appears. The full error message is the following:
Error 1904. Module C:\Program Files (x86)\Kerio\Outlook Connector (Offline Edition)\RtfWrapperPS.dll
failed to register. HRESULT -2147220473.
Module C:\Program Files (x86)\Kerio\Outlook Connector (Offline Edition)\DbServerPS.dll
failed to register
Outlook 2010 (32-bit), Windows 7
Error 1904 occurs when there is missing DLL (library extension) in the Windows registry. Usually, it's caused by an outdated version of MS Office packages or incompatibility between the Kerio Connect server and local Kerio Outlook Connector (KOFF).
For Windows 7 and 8 installations, it's possible to track the missing dependency using the Dependency Walker tool. Once installed, load the application, open the DLL that is mentioned in the error prompt as failing to register. This should load analysis on any dependent DLLs that are possibly corrupt or missing, and guide to the DLL which registering is failing on.
- Once the missing DLL is identified, transfer it from other KOFF installation from a different PC.
- Make sure the Office and Outlook are up-to-date.
- Install the latest version of Kerio Connect server. For more information, please refer to Upgrading Kerio Connect.
- Reinstall Office/Outlook application. For more information, please refer to Repair an Office Application.
- As the last step, it's recommended to switch to a 64-bit version of the application. For more information, please refer to Upgrade from Office 32-bit to 64-bit.
The KOFF installation completes successfully, with no errors.