Under normal circumstances, within Outlook, you should see an additional toolbar for the Kerio Outlook Connector. This toolbar contains two buttons to mark the messages as Spam or Not Spam.
These Spam and Not Spam buttons can be used in situations when the mail server incorrectly marks a message as spam, and you want to inform the mail server that it was not a spam message (or vice-versa).
Sometimes, these buttons are not present, and this article explains how to enable the Spam and Not Spam buttons so that you can decrease the possibility of similar mistakes in the future.
- Access to Kerio Connect Web administration
- Make sure that Kerio Connect is up-to-date
- Log in to Kerio Connect web admin.
- Go to Configuration > Content Filter > Spam Filter > Kerio Anti-spam tab.
- Make sure that the Use spam learning Bayesian filter option is enabled.
You can now see the Spam and Not Spam buttons in Outlook.