Kerio Outlook Connector Offline Edition (KOFF) can return specific 28103 or 28101 errors during the installation process. For example, the installation wizard might fail to detect Microsoft Outlook. This issue can occur on OEM versions or Standard editions of Outlook since these versions may not have MAPI support (required for KOFF).
KOFF is a Microsoft Outlook extension that you can use to manage your Kerio Connect email, events, contacts, and tasks. Supported versions of Outlook are available in this article.
Below are the steps to resolve the errors that are seen when installing KOFF:
- Repair the Outlook installation and check if that resolved the issue. If not, follow the next steps.
- Uninstall the preinstalled Office (OEM version installed by the PC manufacturer or the Standard version).
- Install the official Office version from the Microsoft site:
- Make sure that Outlook was fully opened at least once before installing KOFF.
- Check if Outlook is missing any updates from Microsoft. If this is the case, then install the updates from Microsoft.
- Ensure that the KOFF installer version (32/64-bit) matches the OS and Outlook's version.
- Install KOFF.
The installation wizard displays the following message indicating that the Kerio Outlook Connector (KOFF) is now installed correctly.