This article shares the process for users to configure an IMAP email account in Microsoft Outlook client.
Follow these steps:
- Launch Microsoft Outlook.
- Go to File > Account Settings.
- Choose New.
- Choose Manual setup or additional server types and click Next.
- Choose POP or IMAP and click Next.
- Enter the user, server, and login information.
- On the right side, choose the period you want messages to be kept offline locally in your machine.
- If you want Outlook to remember your password, check the Remember password option.
- Click More Settings and under the Outgoing Server tab, check the My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication option.
- Choose the option Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
- Click OK.
- Click Next, and the client will test your settings.
- If everything is OK, it shows you two verifications completed.
- Click the Close button. The new account will show under the Email tab.
- Verify if the account is displaying in Outlook's left panel. You will also see the automatic messages here that were sent during the testing phase.