Kerio Connect includes a Chat feature from version 9.1 for exchanging instant messages. Chat enables users to view their colleagues' online status and to chat with them in real-time. This is useful when they cannot wait for an email response or prefer a quick back-and-forth conversation without the use of a phone.
Administrators must enable chat for individual domains. Users can then enable/disable chat in their Kerio Connect Client settings.
Chat in Kerio Connect Client is an additional option for using an XMPP/Jabber application.
Enabling chat for individual domains
- In the administration interface, go to Configuration > Domains.
- Double-click a domain.
- On the General tab, select Enable chat in Kerio Connect Client.
- Click OK.
Enabling chat among all domains on the server
The contacts users can chat with depends on the public folder settings on your server:
- Unique public folders enable them to chat only with users from within their own domain.
- Global public folders enable all users from all domains on the server to chat with one another.
If any problem with Kerio Connect Client chat occurs, consult the following logs:
To enable Debug, follow the steps below.
- Right-click in the Debug log area, and click Messages.
- Select Instant Messaging and Web Socket Messages options.
- Click OK.
NOTE: After debugging, clear those options. Otherwise, the logging may slow down the server performance.
After following the above steps, you have successfully enabled the chat feature in Kerio Connect Client.
Archiving chat in Kerio Connect Client
Sending chat messages in Kerio Connect Client.