Overview: If all user’s emails or folders have corrupted on the mailbox due to some technical issues and it needs to be recovered then the Kerio connect administrator of the company can recover it by doing a full data backup recovery option.
- The configuration data is stored at the default location: /usr/local/kerio/mailserver
- The store directory is located in a directory on a separate disk: /store
- The backup directory is stored on an external disc: /Volumes/backup
Go to the Kerio Connect installation directory: /usr/local/kerio/mailserver
Note: you need to become superuser in order to run the commands below
- Run the kmsrecover command.
- If the path to the Kerio Connect installation directory is included in the path variable: kmsrecover /Volumes/backup
- If the path to the Kerio Connect installation directory is NOT included in the path variable: ./kmsrecover /Volumes/backup
- The kmsrecover detects the path to the store automatically in the Kerio Connect's configuration file and recovers all items.
Confirmation: Kerio Connect recovers all the files & folders from the full back up.