Kerio Connect host server can get loaded by too many messages in the user mailbox. This article describes the process to set a limit to the users' mailbox, the number of items they contain, and recommendations for the same.
- In the administration interface, go to Accounts > Users section.
- Double-click the user and switch to the Quota tab.
- To limit the size of the user's mailbox, select Limit disk space and specify the size.
- To limit the number of items in the user's mailbox, select Limit item count, and specify the number of items.
- Click on OK.
- In general, we recommend keeping the mailboxes under 20 GB.
- We also recommend keeping less than 10,000 items per folder. In case there are large folders, they should be split into smaller sub-folders. If they are not split, then, it can cause slower folder and slower search performance issues.
In the same Quota tab, the updated value/s for Limit disk space and Limit item count will be seen.