Each user can synchronize their Kerio Connect account with an unlimited number of mobile devices that support the EAS protocol.
This article explains the process of removing the older or unused devices from synchronizing with Kerio Connect Client. Both the Kerio Connect administrators and agents can perform this procedure.
Alternatively, users can also remove their own devices from their Kerio Connect Client.
- In the administration interface, go to Accounts > Users.
- Select a user and click More Actions > Mobile Devices.
- Select a device and click on Details to view its information.
- Click on Remove to exclude the device from further syncing.
- Click Yes to confirm the device removal.
Once the device connects to the Kerio Connect server, Kerio Connect removes the device from further syncing.
In Kerio Connect 8.4 and older, it is possible to allow the synchronization of devices that do not support EAS by doing the following:
- Go to Configuration > Advanced Options > Miscellaneous.
- Select the Allow synchronization of unsupported Exchange ActiveSync devices option.
Remotely Wiping Mobile Devices Using Kerio Connect