The Kerio Connect administrator can recover a single user mailbox from the backup database. This can be done in cases where a certain user accidentally deletes their mailbox.
- The configuration data is stored at the default location:
- The backup directory is stored on an external disk:
- The Sent Items folder will be recovered.
- The recovery process will be monitored through verbose mode.
- Stop the Kerio Connect service
- Open the command prompt (Terminal).
- Go to the Kerio Connect installation directory:
- Run the
./kmsrecover -v -d company.com -u wsmith -f "Sent Items" /mnt/backup/F20051009T220008Z.zip
kmsrecovercommand detects the path to the store automatically in the Kerio Connect's configuration file and recovers all items.
- Start the Kerio Connect service.
NOTE: if the backup file name is omitted, the
kmsrecover utility will restore the folder from the latest backup file. The command can be further customized using the parameters detailed in Recovering Data in Kerio Connect.
Kerio Connect recovers a single user’s folder from the mailbox with all items.