To save some space on your data store disk, you can set a special rule which deletes all messages older than a specified number of days. You can configure the items clean-out for individual users or per domain. If both items are configured, settings per user are applied.
Kerio Connect performs the clean-out periodically based on the size of your message store. You can apply the automatic clean-out to the following folders:
- All folders (except contacts and notes)
NOTE: If you do not want to lose any messages with the clean-out, archive or backup your data store.
- In the administration interface, go to Configuration > Domains.
- Double-click a domain.
- On the Messages tab, select folders for automatic clean-out and set the number of days.
- Click OK.
By default, new users inherit settings from their domain.
To change the settings for individual users:
- In the administration interface, go to Accounts > Users.
- Double-click a user.
- Switch to the Messages tab.
- In the Items clean-out section, select Use custom settings for this user.
- Select folders for automatic clean-out and set the number of days.
- Click OK.
Per-domain settings and Per-user settings will enable auto-deletion of the old items in the user's mailboxes and will take effect with the completion of the aforementioned steps.