You can encrypt messages so only the recipients with an initialized certificate store can read them. To learn how this is done, follow the process below.
To encrypt messages, you must first:
- Initialize your certificate store.
- Import a personal certificate.
- Have the recipients' public certificate.
Note: To acquire another user's public certificate, ask them to send you a digitally signed message and then reply to that message.
Sending Encrypted Messages
- Compose a message.
- Click Security > Encrypt .
If your certificate store is locked, initialize your certificate store.
- Send the message.
Reading Encrypted Messages
- To read an encrypted message, click on the Display button.
- If your certificate store is locked, initialize your certificate store.
Displaying Encrypted Messages Automatically
If you do not want to click the Display button in every encrypted message you receive, Kerio Connect Client can decrypt such messages automatically.
- Log in to Kerio Connect Client securely.
- Open the Settings page:
- Tools > Settings in Windows Client
- Kerio Connect > Settings in Mac Client
- your name > Settings in Web Client.
- Navigate to the Secure Messages section.
- Log in to your certificate store.
- In the Secure Messages section, select the Display decrypted messages directly option.
- Click Save.