This article explains the process for synchronizing EAS (Exchange ActiveSync) accounts on Apple's iOS devices, i.e. iPhone or iPad, with the Kerio Connect account. After a successful configuration, you will be able to send and receive emails from/to your mailbox.
Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) is a protocol that allows mobile devices to synchronize data with Exchange mailboxes. Since EAS is a licensed option, please consider confirming with your administrator if your account supports it.
- iOS 12 and above
- Safari browser
Note: This feature for integrating accounts/profiles that have personal certificates configured within them does not work for iOS 15. This is due to a restriction imposed by Apple from this OS version, requiring that each payload in a configuration profile must contain a unique PayloadIdentifier. Since such profiles do not have unique identifiers, you will get an error message such as:
- In your Safari browser, enter the Webmail URL address of your Kerio Connect server.
- Tap the Integration with device button.
- Tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Tap Use Exchange ActiveSync instead.
- Enter your Username and Password.
- Tap Log In.
- Tap Allow when the following message is prompted:
This website is trying to download a configuration profile. Do you want to allow this?
- Once you get the Profile Downloaded message, tap Close.
- Open Settings.
- On the Settings page, tap Profile Downloaded.
- In the top right corner of the Install Profile page, tap Install.
You might be asked to enter your iPhone password.
- Tap Install again on the Warning page.
- Tap Install to confirm the installation.
- Once the Profile Installed screen displays, tap Done.
- Contact the administrator to ensure that the following ports on your firewall are allowed:
- HTTP - TCP port 80
- HTTPS - TCP port 443
- Verify the status of connected iOS devices from the administration interface:
- Navigate to Accounts > Users.
- Select a user.
- Go to More Actions > Mobile Devices.
- Click on the device
- Click Details to view additional information.
Your device is now ready. You can send and receive emails through the Kerio Connect account.
For additional settings, go to iOS Settings > Passwords & Accounts and choose the account.
If you experience a synchronization issue with the Kerio Connect mailbox, change the default Mail Days to Sync setting from 3 Days to No Limit.
- On the iPhone, go to Settings.
- Tap Passwords & Accounts.
- Under Accounts, tap Kerio account.
- Tap Mail Days to Sync.
- Select No Limit.
- Open the Mail app and swipe down to resync all the folders.
- Integrating IMAP CalDAV or CardDAV Accounts with Kerio Connect on iOS Devices
- Removing Synced Account Profiles with Kerio Connect on iOS Devices