When the selected domain users delete their messages for the entire day, hour, etc, the mailbox data can be recovered from the back-end backups. Kerio Connect administrator can restore emails using the Kerio backup tool called KMSrecover. Backups can be stored in the external or internal drive.
Kerio Connect has OS-specific procedures to recover mailboxes, macOS procedure requires running scripting commands in Terminal.
- The configuration data is stored at the default location: /usr/local/kerio/mailserver
- The backup directory is stored on an external disc: /Volumes/backup.
- The mailbox will be saved out of the Kerio Connect's store folder in the /Volumes/Temp directory.
- Open the command prompt in the Terminal app and log in as a superuser (root).
- Stop the Kerio Connect service.
- Go to the Kerio Connect installation directory. Default is /usr/local/kerio/mailserver
- Run the kmsrecover command:
./kmsrecover -d domain.com -u wsmith -s /Volumes/Temp /Volumes/backup/F20200421T070704Z.zip
- The Kmsrecover detects the path to the store automatically in the Kerio Connect's configuration file and recovers all items.
Kerio Connect recovers a single user’s mailbox with all items.
Recovering public folders of a particular domain on Mac OS X
Full Data Backup Recovery on Mac OS X
Manual Backup restoration for specific User emails