Kerio Connect antivirus may cause some performance issues for other Kerio components. For example, email processing gets delayed. This may occur after performing system changes such as license renewal or system upgrade. Resetting the antivirus should solve the performance issue, if it is caused by the antivirus.
This resolution is only applicable to older versions. Kerio Connect 9.2.2 and newer includes a new antivirus engine, KerioAntivirus.
- Stop Kerio Connect.
- Navigate to the installation folder. By default, it will be in the following path:
- Remove the Keriobda and Sophos folders.
- Navigate to the plugins folder.
- Remove the Avirs or avserver folder (depending on the installed Kerio Connect version).
- Download the Kerio Connect installer from the Kerio website.
- Run the installer.
- Start Kerio Connect.
After resetting the antivirus, monitor the component that has a performance issue. If the issue was caused by the antivirus, a successful reset should resolve it.