When trying to configure the Kerio Outlook Connector (Offline Edition), the advanced settings option for Other types of accounts is missing. The KOFF profile cannot be installed and the Kerio Connect emails cannot be synced to the Outlook application.
Such a scenario causes the inability to add multiple Kerio Connect accounts.
Restarting the Outlook, recreating the profile, rebooting PC and reinstalling KOFF was already tried with no success.
The Other option is missing in the Outlook Advanced Setup UI when there is a standard Outlook feature enabled, which enforces Simplified Account Creation. It mainly affects Microsoft Outlook 2016, 2019, and O365 installations.
Windows registry modification
- Exit Microsoft Outlook.
- Start Registry Editor.
- Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.
regedit.exe> Click OK.
- Locate and then click the user settings subkey in the registry:
or the group policy subkey in the registry:
- Click on Edit > New > DWORD (32-bit) Value.
DisableOffice365SimplifiedAccountCreationas the name, and press Enter.
- Right-click on the item you created, and click Modify.
- In the Value data box, enter
1and click, OK.
- On the File menu, click Exit to exit the Registry Editor.
Note: for more information, please refer to the Microsoft How to disable Simplified Account Creation guide.
Kerio Connect actions
- Upgrade Kerio Connect to 9.2.12 version, which introduces a fix for this. For more information, please refer to the Kerio Connect Release Notes.
- Use the KTUninstaller tool to delete the Kerio Outlook Connector installation completely including the registry entries.
- Download and install the latest KOFF version.
- Configure the KOFF profile manually or automatically.
The Kerio Connect (KOC Offline Edition) is shown in the Outlook Account type list.
The Kerio Outlook Connector profile, so-called KOC, is successfully configured and is shown in the Outlook account information.