When sending emails using the KOFF profile or through the Exchange Activesync (EAS) protocol, Outlook complains about having permissions errors. As both KOFF and EAS provides Calendar support, there is no viable alternative solution to synchronize user appointments and events. In such cases, standard IMAP account and 3rd-party CalDav plugin can be used.
This article provides a guide on how to synchronize calendar items using the CalDav synchronizer extension, available for Windows Outlook users.
- Download and install CalDAV Synchronizer from this link: CalDAV Synchronizer Download.
- Once installed, configure the CalDAV Synchronizer via its button in the Outlook toolbar.
- Click the green + sign to add a new configuration:
- Choose the Generic CalDAV/CardDAV configuration option.
- Fill out the necessary Kerio Connect user and server details.
For more information about CalDAV URLs, please refer to Accessing Calendars, Contacts, Tasks and Resources Using CalDAV and CardDAV URLs in Kerio Connect.
- Click Test or discover settings and choose the necessary Calendar (personal, delegated, or resource). Click OK to close the Connection test successful window.
Open Calendar tab and check the presence of events and appointments. Click on the Status option to view the synchronization state.