While checking the Antivirus section, the virus database report shows the current database was updated a long time ago.
(Translation from French) The current virus database was updated before: 792 days, 11 hours, 2 minutes
Security logs are showing:
[02/Nov/2020 10:42:51] Sophos virus database is out of date.
[02/Nov/2020 10:43:57] Cannot update internal Sophos antivirus now. See debug log for details.
While clicking the "Update now" button, the update failed error is returned.
Sophos is considered as a legacy Antivirus provider, prior to the 9.2.1 version, that's why no updates are provided to the older versions of Kerio Connect and its virus databases. Sophos was replaced by the Bitdefender Antivirus engine.
If you have Kerio Connect 8.x, such as 8.5.0 or older, please use the following procedure:
Note: if you're running Kerio Connect 9.0.0 and up, steps 1-3 can be skipped.
- Uninstall the current Kerio Connect version.
- Depending on your OS, download Kerio Connect 9.0.0 from Kerio Software Archive.
- Install Kerio Connect 9.0.0. For more information about the installation, please refer to:
- Install on Windows
- Install on Linux (Deb, Rpm)
- Install on Mac
- Perform an automatic upgrade from the Webadmin -> Configuration -> Advanced Options -> Software Update.
- Wait for the Bitdefender Antivirus definitions to be updated.
The Antivirus database is successfully updated.