When sending and receiving emails from Outlook client, the Kerio Outlook Connector goes offline and shows failures since it cannot connect to the mail server. You may see an error
Failed to connect to <yourdomain.com> port 8843: Timed out in the logs. This article provides information related to what needs to be checked and fixed to resolve this issue.
Administrator access to Kerio Connect and Firewall/DNS settings.
Below are the steps that can be performed to resolve this:
- Verify that the port mentioned in the error is open in your firewall. If it can't be opened in the firewall, then, change it to use some other open port.
- Verify that your DNS configuration and records for mail delivery are set up appropriately.
- Verify that valid MX records exist for the mail server.
- Verify that valid SPF DNS records have been created for the mail server.
- SSL certificate/s is valid and not expired.
- Verify the server name is correct (i.e., same as that mentioned in the error) in Outlook settings. This can be verified in Outlook > Accounts Settings > Accounts Settings > highlight Kerio Connect account > Change.
- Verify that the Kerio Outlook Connector connections are not restricted to only local clients. More information on this can be found in our article restricting access to some services in Kerio Connect.
After the above settings are verified and changed as required, you will be able to successfully send and receive emails from the Outlook client.