Kerio Connect users are sending emails from Microsoft Outlook with Kerio Outlook Connector Offline Edition (KOFF) extension. But, the emails are in the Outbox only and the error seen in Outlook is
Not implemented. When trying to reinstall any version of KOFF to resolve this, the installation fails with the error:
Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer Package.
A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected.
Contact your support personnel or package vendor.
Action FindKOFFServices, location: C:\Windows\Installer\MSID123.tmp, command:
- This issue is usually seen on Microsoft Office Volume Licensed version 1808 Build 10368.20035 or newer.
- This issue occurs due to an error on Microsoft's end. Below are some potential workarounds that can be tried to fix the issue:
Upgrade Microsoft Office
Since this is an issue on Microsoft's end, if there is a newer version of Office available, then upgrade to the same to see if that resolves the issues.
Rebuild Send/Receive Settings File
To resolve the
Not implemented error, follow the below steps:
- Close Outlook.
- Navigate to
- Backup any
.srsfiles in this folder by renaming them.
.oldto the end of the file will suffice for renaming.
- Open Outlook for these to be rebuilt.
Not implemented error is still seen when sending emails, then, you can restore the original SRS files that were backed up.
Changes in Microsoft Outlook
There are multiple changes in Outlook that can be tried to resolve these issues:
- Disabling Outlook Add-ins
- Create a new Outlook profile
- Repair Office/Outlook
Downgrade Microsoft Office
- These issues are caused by any of the recent Microsoft Office upgrades that have occurred. So, downgrading to an older version of Microsoft Office could be done to see if the issues are resolved.
- While this is not an ideal solution, this will at least get the users to continue sending emails from Outlook.
If none of the above workarounds help resolve the issue, then, you can open a Support ticket with us with the below information:
- Enable advanced logging on a client machine where the error is seen.
- Reproduce the
- Disable advanced logging.
- Attach the
debug.logfile with the Support ticket.
- Open Event Viewer on the same machine.
- Right-click on Windows Logs > Application, select Save All Events As... and save the file.
- Zip this file and attach this as well with the Support ticket.