The Kerio Connect Client (KCC) is set as the default email application/standard email client on a Windows computer. When right-clicking a file (which needs to be sent as an attachment) in Windows and selecting
Send to > Mail recipient, nothing happens w.r.t. KCC, thus concluding that the
Send to feature doesn't work with KCC.
- When KCC is set as the default email application, it gets associated with the
URL:MailTo Protocol. In order for it to be available by default for the
Send to > Mail recipientoption, it should be associated with the
.mapimail (Mail service)file type. However, when trying to choose an app for this file type, the Kerio Connect option doesn't come up and hence, can't be chosen:
- Kerio Connect option can also be added to the
Send tomenu in Windows. When right-clicking a file (to be attached) and selecting
Send to > Kerio Connectoption, it only opens KCC, instead of creating a new email and attaching the file to it. Even if KCC is already open, it doesn't attach the file to a new mail. This limitation is due to the fact that KCC is a lightweight application and effectively a wrapper for the webmail. Hence, it doesn't have all the features like that of a full mail client like Outlook/Thunderbird.
- The recommended method to add attachments in KCC is by dragging and dropping them in the KCC composer window as mentioned in the Kerio Connect Client Overview article.
- If you use a full mail client like Outlook and set it as the default email application on your computer, then the option of attaching the file using the
Send to > Mail recipientfeature will work as expected.
- In case you use a full mail client other than Outlook (like Thunderbird) to attach a file, the
Send to > Mail recipientfeature will ignore this client, even if it is set as the default mail application. Windows will still open the attachment using Windows Mail/Outlook. To resolve this, add the email client's shortcut (eg: Thunderbird) to the
Send tomenu and then, the email client will be available as a direct valid choice under
Send towhen right-clicking the file and will open a new email with the attachment:
In case the above points don't suffice your requirements, you can submit a feature request for this on our feedback community portal.