You plan to upgrade your Kerio Connect server (say from 9.2.10 to the latest 9.3.1 patch2). You wish to know if your old Kerio Outlook Connector versions (e.g. if you have KOFF 9.2.4692) will work with the new Server update version.
Generally, new server versions work with no issues with KOFF versions that are only a few versions behind. So, depending on the KOFF version, you might have issues. Please note that we only support versions that are less than 12 months older than the next version.
So for example, as of December 2021, for Kerio Connect, this means that we only support versions 9.3.0 Patch 2 and above (Note than in January 2022, we will only be supporting versions 9.3.1 and above). You can check the release dates of all versions here.
If you're concerned with the server upgrade breaking your KOFF installations, please upgrade them manually to the server's current version (e.g. to 9.2.10 in the example given in Overview section) before upgrading the server. To manually upgrade, follow steps below:
- Access the Kerio Software Archive.
- If you want to upgrade to the server's current version, follow the steps in Downloading Kerio Outlook Connector to download it from the server directly. If so, skip to step 6 after downloading it.
- If you want to upgrade to any other version, steps 1-5 explains how.
- Select Kerio Connect as the product.
- Select the version for which you want to download the installer.
- Click Show Files.
- Navigate the files available and choose the one according to your current installation of Windows architecture and Office architecture (or use the universal installer which automatically identifies this)
- Run the installer.
- The installer automatically detects the current installation and updates it:
After the server is upgraded, you can check if any users have any issues, and then work towards having them upgrade to the server's new version (9.3.1 Patch 2 in the current example). All downloadable resources for Kerio can be found in the Kerio Software Archive.
Please note that we don't have any upgrade paths for your users on very old versions (anything less than 9.0) - so if you have any of these, your should try to uninstall the Connector before directly installing the new version.
Also note that if any users have issues with KOFF versions which are older than the current supported version (So, as of Dec 2021, it means below 9.3.0 Patch 2), we won't be able to provide any help. They would need to upgrade to a supported version before qualifying to receive support.