You have enabled 2FA on your user account and have lost access to your 2FA code, authenticator app, or Recovery email. You require guidance on regaining access to the account.
If you lose access to your 2-step verification code, you can recover or reset these settings with the recovery email submitted during the initial 2-step verification configuration. Once the 2-step verification is reset, you will need to re-do the 2-step verification process.
Using the Recovery Email
- Access Webmail and attempt to log in.
- From the 2FA Code screen, select "Recover lost 2FA."
- The Kerio Connect server will send an email to your specified recovery email address:
- Collect the recovery code provided in the email and submit this to the 2FA Code screen.
- Once the code is submitted, the 2-step verification settings will be reset, and you will be redirected to the initial login screen to submit your credentials.
- Log back in with your credentials and re-do the 2-step verification process.
Resetting 2FA Configuration via WebAdmin
In a scenario where a user does not have their 2-step verification code and does not have access to your recovery email, an Administrator can still reset it for specific users in the User Section of the chosen domain.
- Login to Webadmin as Admin.
- Navigate to Accounts > Users.
- Right-click the User > More Actions > Reset 2FA Configuration:
Resetting 2FA for Built-in Admin
Since built-in admin is not part of any domain, it has a separate reset button in the Administration settings section.
- Login to Webadmin as another Admin.
- Navigate to Configuration > Administration Settings.
- Select Reset 2FA Configuration...