A user has exported their contacts or calendar using Apples native Contact or Calendar application into contact archive (.abbu) file or calendar archive file (.icbu) formats as local backups. When the user attempts to import these into their Kerio Connect account connected to Apple’s Native applications, the contacts or calendar items disappear from the local machine within a few seconds of import.
Kerio Connect does not have built-in support for importing the proprietary Apple .icbu or .abbu formats. It is suggested that users wanting local backups instead export to the .vcf or .ics formats.
Kerio Connect Client (webmail or desktop) does not provide a built-in method for importing contacts; however, these formats can be more easily imported into Kerio connect accounts via the native Apple Apps. Alternatively, consider using the built-in Kerio Connect Backups to save user contacts and more easily import these items.
Exporting Kerio Connect Contacts to vCard Format in Apple Contacts
- Open the Apple Contacts app
- Select the Kerio Connect account on the left sidebar.
- Choose File > Export > Export vCard from the top bar.
- Name the VCF file and click Save.
Exporting Kerio Connect Calendars to ICS in Apple Calendar
- Open the Apple Calendar app
- Select the Kerio Connect Calendar on the left sidebar.
- Choose File > Export > Export from the top bar.
- Name the ICS file and click Save.
When importing the .ics or .vcf format files via the File > Import menu of Apple Calendar or Apple Contacts, the contacts or calendar items are correctly added to the Kerio Connect Mailbox. They are visible within the Kerio Connect Client’s Contacts Tab after synchronization.